Requisitioned Auxiliary – Agenoria

 

 No Image

Currently

Available

 

 

Official No:                              115124

Builder:                           Robert Craggs & Sons. Dent’s Wharf, Middlesbrough

Launched:                       27 November 1901

Pennant No:                            Y 3.1513

Into Service:                   17 March 1917

Out of service:                1918

Fate:                             7 December 1972 broken up

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

 

27 November 1901 launched by Robert Craggs & Sons. Dent’s Wharf, Middlesbrough as Yard Nr: 172 named AGENORIA for Rickinson, Sons & Co, West Hartlepool

2 December 1901 the Lloyds List newspaper reported …

 

2 12 1901 Lloyds List Agenoria

 

January 1902 completed

18 January 1902 passed Dover

10 June 1902 passed Colombo, Ceylon

26 June 1902 passed Perim

22 August 1902 sailed Newport (Mon) for Spezzia

24 August 1902 passed Ushant

22 October 1903 berthed at Aberdeen

20 July 1915 arrived Montreal, Canada with damage to the fore peak after striking an iceberg

1916a sold to Vernco Steamship Co Ltd, West Hartlepool – name unchanged

1916b sold to Byron Steamship Co. Ltd., (M.A. Embiricos, Manager) West Hartlepool -name unchanged

17 March 1917 requisitioned by the Admiralty for service as a Collier until 31 May 1917

1 June 1917 re-deployed as a Collier to Northern Russia for Russian Government a/c

28 November 1917 torpedoed and damaged by the German submarine U-96 (Kptlt. Heinrich Jeß) in the Irish Sea 3½ miles SSE oMew Island Light House, Copeland Islands off Co Down on passage Arkhangelsk to Nantes carrying timber on a French sub-charter with the loss of 1 life. Was beached in Folly Roads, Belfast Lough and declared as a constructive total loss but was later refloated

1919 sold to C. de Zabala, Bilbao and renamed MARIA

1920 sold to Cia. Naviera Amaya, Bilbao and renamed MARGARI

1927 sold to Soc. Metallurgica Duro-Felguera, Gijon and renamed VALENTIN RUIZ SENEN

7 December 1972 arrived Santander for demolition by Recuperaciones Submarinas S.A.