Requisitioned Auxiliary – Agnes

 

Agnes

 

Agnes

 

Official No:                              77466

Builder:                          Schlesinger, Davis & Co, Wallsend-on-Tyne

Launched:                     15 March 1877

Pennant No:                            Y 3.1473

Into Service:                  17 February 1917

Out of service:               11 April 1919

Fate:                              1932 broken up

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

 

15 March 1877 launched by Schlesinger, Davis & Co, Wallsend-on-Tyne as Yard Nr: 69 named DOMINO for T. Wilson, Sons & Co, Hull

1877 completed as a passenger / cargo vessel

1882 lengthened by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull

1891 re-engined

30 December 1899 sailed from Hull to Hamburg, Germany

1 January 1900 arrived at Hamburg, Germany from Hull

5 January 1900 sailed Hamburg, Germany for Hull

7 January 1900 berthed at Hull from Hamburg, Germany

June 1900 sold to Spartan Chief Steamship Co Ltd (T.B. Stott, Manager) Liverpool – name unchanged

1901 passenger accommodation removed

June 1907 sold to Stott Line Ltd (W.H. Stott & Co, Manager) Liverpool – name unchanged

1912 sold to O. Bengtsson, Fiskebackskill and renamed SIGNE

1913a sold to Arvids Ringius, Norrkoping – name unchanged

1913b sold to Rederi A/B “Agnes” (J.A. Adolfsen, Manager) Mariehamn and renamed AGNES

17 February 1917 requisitioned for Admiralty service as a Collier untill 3 June 1917

4 June 1917 re-deployed as an Expeditionary Force Transport for one trip carrying rags Havre / Goole until 9 June 1917

10 June 1917 re-deployed as a collier until 24 June 1918

25 June 1918 re-deployed as a Transport carrying potatoes from Jersey until 5 July 1918

6 July 1918 discharged prior to further service as a Collier

11 April 1919 returned to her owners

May 1919 sold to Mariehamns Rederi A/B (A. EkBom, Manager) Mariehamn – name unchanged

1923 sold to G. Samaathraky, Chios and renamed GEORGES S

1926 sold to Navigazione Giuliana, Trieste and renamed LUISA

1928a sold to P. Vitcovitch & Consorti, Fiume – name unchanged

1928b sold to Raffaelo Rizutto, Naples, name unchanged

1932 broken up at Savona by Italian shipbreakers

 

Notes:

Was the 1st of 5 ships to bear the name DOMINO in the Wilson Line Fleet.

Requisitioned Finnish Steamer