No Image
Currently
Available
Official Number: 87466
Laid down:
Builder: Palmers’ Co Ltd., Willington Quay
Launched: 9 April 1883
Pennant No: Y.4.217
Into Service: 29 July 1914
Out of service: 1919
Fate: Bombed and sunk 22 April 1941
Items of historic interest involving this ship: –
Background Data: One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA
Career Data:
9 April 1883 launched by Palmers’ Co Ltd., Willington Quay as Yard No: 498 named PENARTH for Morel Bros.
May 1883 completed
1891 renamed TREHERBERT by her owners
1910 purchased by Shamrock Shipping Co., Belfast and renamed DIVIS
29 July 1914 requisitioned for Admiralty service as a collier – name unchanged
23 April 1916 at Bo’ness moored alongside HMS FEARLESS supplying bunkers – 140 tons of coal supplied

HMS FEARLESS
1918 at Rosyth Hospital Able Seaman James Hill discharged dead from pneumonia after influenza
1919 returned to her owners – name unchanged
1925 purchased by G N Pittas Bros & Co. Chios and renamed DARMAS
22 April 1941 bombed and sunk by German aircraft in the Gulf of Patras



