Requisitioned Auxiliary – Golden Meadow

 

 No Image

Currently

Available

 

Official No:                              169792

Builder:                                    Lancaster Iron Works Inc, Perryville MD

Launched:                               1943

Pennant No:                            B527

Into Service:                            December 1943

Out of service:                         1946

Fate:                                      1962 Broken up

 

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW2 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

1943 launched by Lancaster Iron Works Inc., Perryville, MD as Yard No: 204 named GOLDEN MEADOW for the US WSA

December 1943 completed and bare-boat chartered to the MoWT under the management of F T Everard & Sons Ltd., London – name unchanged

1944 Managers became Anglo Saxon Petroleum Co Ltd., London – name unchanged

24 August 1945 arrived at the Naval Base at Manus, Admiralty Islands

1946 purchased by China Tanker Co Ltd., Shanghai and renamed YUNG TUNG

1949 owners became China Tanker Co Ltd., Kaohsiung – name unchanged

11 March 1962 arrived Keelung for demolition by Formosan ship breakers

Note:

  1. Part of the British Pacific Fleet hence the ‘B’ Pennant number