Requisitioned Auxiliary – Heriot

 

No Image

Currently

Available

 

 

Official No:                               118708

Builder:                                    Osbourne Graham & Co Ltd, North Hylton, Sunderland

Launched:                               17 July 1905

Into Service:                             April 1915

Out of service:                         1919

Fate:                                          Foundered August 1927

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

 

17 July 1905 launched by Osbourne Graham & Co Ltd., North Hylton, Sunderland as Yard Nr: 125 named HERIOT for Geo Gibson & Co, Leith

September 1905 completed

April 1915 requisitioned by the Admiralty for service as an Ammunition Carrier, name unchanged

4 December 1916 Lieutenant William Alexander RNR appointed in command  and Engineer Lieutenant Ebenezer Kirkpatrick RNR appointed as Chief Engineer Officer                                    

1919 returned to her owners

6 September 1920 berthed at Dundee

7 February 1921 berthed at Dundee

21 April 1925 berthed at Dundee

23 July 1926 berthed at Leith

1927 purchased by Rederi A/B Nellie, Nynashamn, Sweden and renamed NELLIE

19 August 1927 foundered 6 miles SE of Kapelludden, Oland Isl while on passage from Rafso to Hull with a cargo of timber.