Requisitioned Auxiliary – Kola

 

No Image

Currently

Available

 

Official Number:                  147654

Laid down:                          

Builder:                               Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Low Walker

Pennant No:                       B543

Launched:                          17 April 1924

Into Service:                       1939

Out of service:                    1946

Fate:                                   March 1969 scrapped

 

 

Background Data:

 

One of a group of additional ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW2 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

17 April 1924 launched by Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd., Low Walker as Yard Nr: 1154 named KOLA for British India Steam Navigation Co Ltd., London

23 May 1924 completed for her owners’ Far East coastal service out of Singapore. Sister to KISTNA

1939 requisitioned for Admiralty service and initially served as a cased petrol carrier then finally as an Armament Stores Issuing Ship – name unchanged. With the British Pacific Fleet – hence the B-pennant nr:

1946 returned to her owners and was placed on their East African coastal service out of Mombassa – name unchanged

 1951 purchased by China Shipping Co., Hong Kong and renamed Sn Ernesto

1961 purchased by General Marine Corp (Panama) Ltd., Panama and renamed SAN MAYTON

1968 purchased by unidentified buyers and renamed TORRO

1968 purchased by Santi Shipowners S.A. Panama and renamed WING SANG

March 1969 reported broken up at Hong Kong by Lee Sing Co