Requisitioned Auxiliary – Lompoc

No Image

Currently

Available

 

 

Official Number:                       135167

Pennant Nr:                     Y 7.98

Laid down:

Builder:                                   D & W Henderson & Co Ltd, Meadowside

Launched:                               5 October 1914

Into Service:                            17 June 1916

Out of service:                         WW1

Fate:                                      5 April 1934 broken up

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

Career Data:

 

5 October 1914 launched by D & W Henderson & Co Ltd., Meadowside as Yard Nr: 487 name Lompoc for BEar Creek Oil & Shipping Co Ltd., (C T Bowring & Co Ltd., Managers) Liverpool

November 1914 completed

17 June 1916 requisitioned for Admiralty service as an oiler – name unchanged – hired at £4,954 6sh per month

11 July 1916 at 58.00N 12.06W was stopped and boarded by HMS VICTORIAN, checked, identified and allowed to proceed

7 October 1916 at 58.01N 13.01W while on passage from Scapa Flow to Port Arthur was stopped and boarded by HMS ORCOMA, checked, identified and allowed to proceed

24 November 1916 at 58.09N 09.01W while on passage from Port Arthur to Kirkwall was stopped and boarded by HMS PATUCA, checked, identified and allowed to proceed

amcPatuca

HMS PATUCA

1 February 1917 at 59.02N 11.20W while on passage from Port Arthur to Kirkwall was stopped and boarded by HMS PATIA, checked, identified and allowed to proceed

20 February 1917 at 54.01N 10.09W while on passage from Firth of Forth to Texas was sighted by HMS OTWAY found to be flying the correct flag of the day and allowed to proceed

1918 returned to her owners

5 April 1934 arrived Stockton for demolition by South Stockton Shipbreaking Co