Requisitioned Auxiliary – Pholas

No Image

Currently

Available

 

 

Official Number:                      127929

Laid down:

Builder:                                  Sir Raylton Dixon & Co Ltd., Middlesborough

Pennant No:                    Y7.146

Launched:                              30 July 1908

Into Service:                            3 February 1916

Out of service:                         1 December 1918

Fate:                                      1 December 1918 collision, beached became CTL

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

 

30 July 1908 launched by Sir Raylton Dixon & Co Ltd., Middlesborough as Yard Nr: 538 named Konakry for British & African Steam Navigation Co Ltd (Elder, Dempster & Co., Manager) Liverpool

23 September 1908 completed with accommodation for 12 passengers

3 February 1916 purchased by the Admiralty for service as an oiler, renamed Pholas and placed under management of Anglo Saxon Petroleum Co Ltd., London

1 December 1918 in collision with the liner Orduna 16 miles off Galley Head, Co Cork and was beached at Garrettstown where she was later declared as a CTL