Requisitioned Auxiliary – Relillio

 No Image

Currently

Available

 

Official Number:                      121639

Laid down:

Builder:                                  William Gray & Co Ltd., West Hartlepool

Launched:                               20 May 1909

Pennant No:                            Y 3.249

Into Service:                            20 April 1914

Out of service:                         1918

Fate:                                      24 October 1940 broken up

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

Career Data:

 

20 May 1909 launched by R Thompson & Sons Ltd., Southwick, Sunderland as Yard Nr: 259 named Relillio for Orders & Handford Steamship Co Ltd.,  (Orders & Handford Ltd, Managers) Newport, Monmouthshire

June  1909 completed

28 April 1914 to 1918 requisitioned for Admiralty service as a Collier – name unchanged

1932 purchased by Wilke Oy (A Wihuri, Manager) Helsinki and renamed Wilke

1940 purchased by Rederi Ab Ergo, Helsinki – name unchanged

1945 purchased by Meriliike Oy Trading Co, Helsinki – name unchanged

1948 owners reverted to Rederi Ab Ergo, Helsinki – name unchanged

1954 purchased by Johan Nurminen Verustamot Oy, Helsinki and renamed Riita Nurminen

1957 purchased by Etela-Suomen Laiva Oy, Helsinki and renamed Alppila

24 October 1960 arrived Grimstaad for demolition by Norsk Skipsopplugnings Co