Requisitioned Auxiliary – Transporter

  No Image

Currently

Available

 

Official Number:                       127126

Pennant No:                            Y 3.17

Laid down:

Builder:                                   Blyth Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Cowpen Quay, Blyth 

Launched:                               12 September 1911

Into Service:                            March 1916

Out of service:                         January 1920

Fate:                                      Broken up August 1967

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: –

 

Background Data:  One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

 

Career Data:

 

12 September 1911 launched Blyth Shipbuilding & Drydock Co, Cowpen Quay, Blyth as Yard Nr: 162 named TRANSPORTER for Tyneside Line Ltd., (Ridley, Son & Tully, Managers), North Shields

October 1911 completed

19 May 1915 at Queensferry alongside HMS LIVERPOOL on D5 berth coaling her – supplied 349 tons of bunker coal. RFA ATTENDANT was also alongside the warship refuelling her with FFO  

March 1916 requisitioned for Admiralty service as a collier – name unchanged

7 February 1918 to the 9 February 1918 at Birkenhead alongside the Armed Merchant Cruiser HMS MANTUA coaling her – supplied 1,990 tons of bunker coal

HMS Mantua

HMS MANTUA

6 March 1918 at Devonport alongside HMS GLOUCESTERSHIRE supplying bunker coal

HMS Gloucestershire

HMS GLOUCESTERSHIRE

January 1920 returned to her owners – name unchanged

1929 purchased by Reden A/S “Transporter”, Odense – name unchanged

1930 owners now Lauritz Andersen (J V Andersen, Manager, Odense) – name unchanged

1942 purchased by Thor Kobenhavns Kub & Koks Kompagni A/S Copenhagen and renamed THOR

1950 purchased by Kobler Import u Poseidon Schiffahrts A G Hamburg and renamed ASGARD

1956 owners now Poseidon Schiffahrts GmbH, Hamburg and renamed TRANSERIE

1961 purchased by Maritima Comercial Expresso S A, Beirut and renamed RONDA

1963 purchased by Tullio del Mistro, Trieste – name unchanged

August 1967 arrived Split for demolition by Brodospas